What is this Risk Management stuff ?
Risk Management is a part of any manager’s job.
Project managers need to explicitly deal with risk.
It’s all about predicting the future and deciding how many potential pitfalls you want to protect.
Where’s the theory from?
From the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK), which is produced by the Project Management Institute. The project management theory started in the software development industry, but is applied across any industry today.
PMBoK Processes for Risk Management:
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Management
- Perform Quantitative Risk Management
- Plan Risk Responses
- Monitor & Control Risks
Besides these, what will we learn in SlackMaster?
- Likelihood and Consequence – These are the basic components of risk.
- Risk in Everyday Life – Risk management is nothing new, but in a project we need to make it explicit.
- Risk Posture – Bet the farm, hold or fold…What is your team’s attitude for risk?
- Decision making skills – SlackMaster provides the opportunity to practice these skills.